3

Super Supplements and Herbal Health

Posted on Monday 3 March 2014

I thought it was about time I listed which supplements my mum gives me, the reasons for them and why I recommend them!


My mum gives me a tablet a day and will up this to two a day in the summer time as I tend to suffer from hayfever. I'm so good at taking them now she no longer has to hide them in my food. 

"Garlic has antibiotic, antiseptic and anti-viral properties confirmed and has anti-inflammatory compounds. Fenugreek seeds also contain anti inflammatory properties.  When given regularly at the maintenance dose Garlic & Fenugreek Tablets increase resistance to infections by stimulating the immune system."


Mum will add this to my food during the winter time as I get 'Snow Nose' when it gets too cold outside. All I need is a quarter of a teaspoon added to my food each day and my pink nose turns back to black within a few months.

"A liquid to supplement the diet by providing specific nutrients to enhance and maintain good pigmentation.
These two plants are rich in iron and iodine, both essential for good pigmentation. The high levels of these nutrients are preserved in these full strength extracts and are beneficial to enhance and maintain the lack of pigmentation that may occur following a season or during the winter months. Can be given throughout the year and with any dry, wet or complete feeding regimes."



Apple Cider Vinegar

This one can be bought from your local shop and has all kinds of benefits from repelling fleas to soothing itchy feet! My mum adds a splash of it to my water a couple times a week to stop my tears staining the folds of my face red. I don't have a problem with it being in my water bowl but some dogs don't like the taste so I advise you also offer plain water just in case your dog doesn't want to drink the water with AVC in it. You wouldn't want to risk them drinking less water and possibly becoming dehydrated.

Olive Oil

Another that can be picked up from your local shop if it's not already in your mums cooking cupboard! I'm getting lots of benefits inside and out from having a little olive oil on my kibble. I've been told that it not only makes my food taste nicer (they're not lying) but also keeps my digestive system healthy and my bones and joints supple. On the outside it gives me a soft, shiny. flake-free coat. Mum swears it makes me shed less too. It's her fault she wears so much black, not mine! Much to my disgust I also get a little dab of it on my nose if it gets too dry. It does make my nose lovely and soft I guess.

I run away when I see this bottle but apparently it's keeping my ears healthy... The things I put up with! 
Once a fortnight mum cleans my ears with cotton balls and water and will then pop a tiny bit of this stuff in each ear.
It's good for ear mites, itching and canker and a little bottle lasts a lifetime!


My mum also keeps Euphrasia handy for when I get really weepy/gunky eyes and Hepar Sulph just in case I get any ear infections.

Discussion

  1. Oh, I don't think any of this stuff is even available where I live. But I am very good at taking pills too! I eat them like dog treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post i like your blog.
    I agree with your post.
    Thanks! sharing good information about herbal supplements.
    Wiseman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I'm impress with your post.
    There are very good information about health.
    Thanks! for this post.
    NASA clay study

    ReplyDelete

Categories

blog hop (58) photos (31) a to z challenge (28) review (18) black and white sunday (12) monday mischief (10) sepia saturday (10) thoughtless thursday (10) wordless wednesday (9) find (6) follow-up friday (6) food (6) beach (5) art (3) bella (3) brother (3) comments (3) easidri (3) freebie (3) pawsome box (3) purepetfood (3) questions (3) supplements (3) toys (3) tricks (3) apple cider vinegar (2) award (2) awareness (2) barkbeats (2) black and white (2) boris (2) christmas (2) commands (2) cushions (2) dean russo (2) dorwest (2) ezydog (2) follow (2) harness (2) health (2) packdog (2) training (2) wilf (2) wordless (2) Applaws (1) Cujo (1) Fulcrum Gallery (1) april fools (1) baby (1) bag (1) bedding (1) ben de lisi (1) birthday (1) bloghop (1) bottle buddy (1) bowtie (1) breast cancer (1) brian and sally (1) clothing (1) dangerous (1) dave (1) discount (1) ear care (1) easter (1) eden (1) fit dog friday (1) fitdog friday (1) flowers (1) french bulldog (1) giveaway (1) grooming (1) history (1) instagram (1) interview (1) kong (1) little frenchie (1) little ham (1) meme (1) moving (1) mugs (1) nail care (1) north devon (1) northam burrows (1) orange ribbon (1) personality (1) pet parade (1) pet theft (1) petshopbowl (1) plush puppies (1) poisons (1) pooch pack (1) positive (1) puppy (1) putsborough (1) quickfit (1) quiz (1) quotes (1) reviews (1) ringcraft (1) snow nose (1) social media (1) spring (1) standard (1) stats (1) summer (1) target (1) tarka trail (1) tear stains (1) thornit (1) throwback thursday (1) toby (1) touch (1) treats (1) tumblr (1) twitter (1) update (1) urban pup (1) valentines (1) video (1) wainwrights (1) win (1) your dog (1)
Powered by Blogger.