About Bernie

"Ode to a Frenchie"

"I'm not a pig, I'm not a pug, my ears haven't been cropped, my tail hasn't been docked. I didn't run into a wall or get hit in the face with a frying pan. I do not bite, but my owner is another matter altogether. That noise is how I breathe - I'm not growling at your child. I'm not so ugly I'm almost cute and anyone who would say that is so stupid they are almost smart. I'm a French Bulldog and I'm perfect in every way!"


This blog started up just after Bernie joined our family in March 2013.
Since that day, everything in our lives has turned a little bone shaped!

Bernie is a 2 year old French Bulldog and is the inspiration behind this blog.
The idea began as a place to document and follow his lifestyle and adventures
and it has continued to expand ever since.

I'm Louise, mum to Bernie and creator of Bernie The Frenchie.
You won't be hearing much off me as Bernie likes to write his posts from his own point of view.
Photography is one of my hobbies and my skills continue to progress everyday.
 I enjoy taking photos of Bernie and it helps that he is always happy to pose.

Bernie Facts:

Nicknames: Bernie Mac, Little Ham, Piglet
 Breed: French Bulldog 
 Age: 2 years
Weight: 12kg
 Gender: Male 
  Colour: Fawn with black mask 
  Birthday: 10th December 2012
Fed: Forthglade
Fav Treat: Fishmongers Fish Braids
  One word to describe me: Affectionate
  In Bernies Words: "My life is pretty easy going... 
I love meeting new dogs down at the beach, the bigger the better! My favourite activity is playing fetch in the house as I'm super quick and super agile. I spend 90% of my time sleeping & the other 10% being an absolute fruit-loop. Mum says I snore like a pig and refers to me as a 'hog' instead of a 'dog'. I love the camera and get told that I'm incredibly photogenic."

Commands I have mastered: 
(Lie) 'Down' 
'This way' (come)
'High 5'
'Leave it'

Currently learning:


blog hop (58) photos (31) a to z challenge (28) review (18) black and white sunday (12) monday mischief (10) sepia saturday (10) thoughtless thursday (10) wordless wednesday (9) find (6) follow-up friday (6) food (6) beach (5) art (3) bella (3) brother (3) comments (3) easidri (3) freebie (3) pawsome box (3) purepetfood (3) questions (3) supplements (3) toys (3) tricks (3) apple cider vinegar (2) award (2) awareness (2) barkbeats (2) black and white (2) boris (2) christmas (2) commands (2) cushions (2) dean russo (2) dorwest (2) ezydog (2) follow (2) harness (2) health (2) packdog (2) training (2) wilf (2) wordless (2) Applaws (1) Cujo (1) Fulcrum Gallery (1) april fools (1) baby (1) bag (1) bedding (1) ben de lisi (1) birthday (1) bloghop (1) bottle buddy (1) bowtie (1) breast cancer (1) brian and sally (1) clothing (1) dangerous (1) dave (1) discount (1) ear care (1) easter (1) eden (1) fit dog friday (1) fitdog friday (1) flowers (1) french bulldog (1) giveaway (1) grooming (1) history (1) instagram (1) interview (1) kong (1) little frenchie (1) little ham (1) meme (1) moving (1) mugs (1) nail care (1) north devon (1) northam burrows (1) orange ribbon (1) personality (1) pet parade (1) pet theft (1) petshopbowl (1) plush puppies (1) poisons (1) pooch pack (1) positive (1) puppy (1) putsborough (1) quickfit (1) quiz (1) quotes (1) reviews (1) ringcraft (1) snow nose (1) social media (1) spring (1) standard (1) stats (1) summer (1) target (1) tarka trail (1) tear stains (1) thornit (1) throwback thursday (1) toby (1) touch (1) treats (1) tumblr (1) twitter (1) update (1) urban pup (1) valentines (1) video (1) wainwrights (1) win (1) your dog (1)
Powered by Blogger.